In making this important investment I have outlined some points to help with your final decision:
- Please send me an email and give me an idea of what it is you want plus the size (see below) e.g. a mural mosaic, a bathroom panel, kitchen backsplash, garden mural etc
- I will call you and arrange a visit so I can get a feel of your surroundings, see the intended space, take measurements and discuss brief ideas with you as well as an idea of how long it will take.
- A Contract of Agreement will be drawn up which gives all details of the commission.
- I will work on designs or drawings and either email/post or deliver in person – depending on location. Should you decide to NOT go ahead with the commission at this point, you will be eligible to pay a design fee.
- A deposit is required before work begins with the remainder being paid on completion and delivery/installation of the mosaic. You can also pay in instalments depending on the size of the commission (see more details below).
- Work will begin on the commission. (All work is made from my studio and installed either by me or a professional once complete).
- I will keep you up to date on a regular basis with how the commission is progressing, with photographs sent by email or phone.
- With commissions exceeding 1m square, another payment will be required at the half-way stage.
- Once the commission is completed, installed and/or delivered, the final part of the payment will be required
Each commission has its own complexities and challenges but I’ve set out an estimate of costs below:
A4 : from £150
A3 : from £300
A2 : from £600
1m square: £1,300
N.B. - The prices above are for mosaics using a mixture of vitreous glass, stained glass, some beads, dots and ceramic. More superior tiles such as smalti, gold leaf, handade tiles, coloured mirror glass etc command a higher price point and will involve a further discussion.